of the 3 times I have attended mass here in Melbourne, twice I was able to serve by presenting the bread and wine to the priest. First was with some parishioner and the next with my cousin mai. never did I experience that one back home so I am glad to do it. :)
today, I was able to go to mass at St. Patrick's Cathedral. we celebrated the High Mass. now I know what a High Mass is -- complete with Catholic rituals, boys choir, a lot of altar boys and a bishop officiating it. I was able to get a blessing from him though at first I hesitated because I was shy at small talk. but what the heck... I want some blessing from above! a little bit of help to get me to heaven?!

st. patrick's cathedral

inside the church. this old man reminds me of my dad. wish he was here. :(

didn't have the guts to get a blessing so i decided to take a picture with him.

observing the bishop and the parishioners lining up for his blessings.

nainggit ako so i decided to lineup. mustered the courage just to get a blessing.

finally! i was not nervous. yey!

had a bit of smalltalk telling him i was just visiting melbourne and that i come from the philippines.

giving me the blessing

last time i did this was when i was still in my early gradeschool years. i had to chase fr. rodriguez just to do this with him.

lit 2 candles and said a short prayer for mom & dad on all saint's day
1 comment:
You had an aura of a little girl in those photos with the bishop.
Post a Comment